The 3rd Belt and Road Teenager Maker Camp & Teacher Workshop
The 3rd Belt and Road Teenager Maker Camp & Teacher Workshop will be held in Nanning of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, China on Sep. 24th-30th 2019.
Our partners at the CYSC of the CAST were so kind as to invite us to send a team from Iraq. Below you will find the Introduction, the First Circular and the Invitation to this event.
Introduction of the Belt & Road Teenager Maker Camps and Teacher Workshops
Invitation of the 3rd Belt and Road Teenager Maker Camp & Teacher Workshop
First Circular of the 3rd Belt and Road Teenager Maker Camp & Teacher Workshop
This year, students and adults have to register through an Online Registration System which has been open since April 20, 2019.
Online Registration System Link: http://cyscc.org.cn/Service/login.aspx*
*Authorization Codes Required
If you have any questions, please contact any of the following authorized contacts:
|Luo Liling||Host Contact||CYSC of the CASTemail@example.com||+86（10）68510419|
|Rayna Sun||Technical Support||Xiaoxiaotongfirstname.lastname@example.org||+86（10）62180521|
|IGCESE IRAQ||Official Contact||IGCESEemail@example.com||009647711705111|
|Shaheen Farjo||Working Contact||IGCESEfirstname.lastname@example.org||009647711705222|
|Jameel Jameel||Temporary Contact||IGCESEemail@example.com||009647712384423|
*Xiaoxiaotong: Service Platform of Science and Technology Innovative Activities for Chinese Children and Youth
Operation Guide for Students/ Supervisors
Dates and Deadlines:
- Registration Deadline: July 31st, 2019
How to Register:
All candidates should complete their registration via the link: http://cyscc.org.cn/service/login.aspx. If this is your first time using the system, you have to create an account in advance.
There are five simple steps to complete the registration:
- Authorization Verification: all candidates can only register with authorization codes. If you do not have one, please contact the local organizer of your country. As you pass the verification, you will see the detailed information linked with the code. Please check if the information of type and country is consistent with yours, if not, please contact who issued your code.
- Personal Information: please enter all the information correctly, especially your general information which should be exactly as shown on your passport. You will also be required to upload a personal photograph and a copy of your passport. Also, when you complete the information of each part, please click Save before continuing to the next step, otherwise you will lose your information.
- My Courses/ Activities:
- For Students: each student can only select one course. The quota for each course is limited to 25. Entries will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis. Please submit your registration as soon as possible. The course is only available for middle school students. Students who are interested in the selected topics and have some experience are preferred. Organizers will prepare all the materials required for the course, but if students wish to practice such activities in advance, they can use the related main equipment for preparation.
- For Supervisors: each supervisor can only select one activity. You can also choose not to participate in either of them.
- Confirm and Submit: please carefully check your information. It won’t be edited once submitted. After the submission, the local organization which recommended you, will confirm your participation and submit your flight information.
- Check the Result: you can check the status of your registration and relevant matters before the events via this link: http://cyscc.org.cn/Teacher/Step5.aspx
The video will help you better understand the registration process: http://cyscc.org.cn/video/EngGuide2019.mp4
Available Courses/ Activities:
Major Content: learning the basic knowledge of programming, and building robots with intelligent hardware.
Team Project: design an interesting interactive device.
Main Equipment: Arduino, micro bits, make blocks, and other similar development boards and accessories.
The Art of Modeling
Major Content: learning the technology of 3D printing and laser cutting, and understanding the mechanics and structures of three-dimensional building designs.
Team Project: design creative three-dimensional models.
Main Equipment: 3D printers and laser cutters.
The Art of Printing
Major Content: learning screen printing, rubbing and other printing methods, as well as the basic principles of the art of design.
Team Project: print works of art with individuality.
Main Equipment: screen printers and rubbers
Major Content: learning the principles of chemistry through life-related chemical phenomena.
Team Project: design an exhibition based on chemical principles with the learned knowledge.
Main Equipment: common equipment in chemistry laboratories of middle schools.
Major Content: learning the basic knowledge of aircraft and making aircraft models.
Team Project: design an innovative aircraft for this event.
Main Equipment: fixed-wing aircraft models.
The Art of Electronic Circuits
Major Content: learning the basis of analog electronics and making simple analog electronic circuits.
Team Project: design interactive electronic devices.
Main Equipment: common tools and components of analog electronics such as electric soldering irons and multimeters.
Major Content: learning the basic knowledge and skills of script writing and video shooting.
Team Project: make a video showing the “Science in Life” theme.
Main Equipment: computers with video editing software installed, and portable cameras or smartphones.
Major Content: learning the basic knowledge and skills of using SCRATCH or PYTHON programming languages.
Team Project: design an innovative interactive software program.
Main Equipment: computers with programming software installed.